Review: Hera CC Cream

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hi everyone! After a long while, I am finally back to reviewing products :)

Today I'll be reviewing the Hera CC Cream. It seems like CC cream is the new trend these days, after the BB cream craze. And then apparently DD creams are coming out soon??

Anyway, back to CC creams: the Hera CC cream stands for "complete care" cream while some other CC creams stand for color correction/control cream.

I actually purchased sample packets of the Hera CC cream because the full size product is about $40-45 on eBay, which for me is super pricey. I saw that many sellers were selling multiple packets of sample sizes (1 ml each packet) and decided that it would be safer to start with those instead. Therefore, I cannot comment on the packaging of this product, but I will discuss the actual product.


This is what the full size product looks like. Stock image from Amazon.com (not my image!)
Like most BB creams/CC creams, there is a very limited amount of shades to choose from. With the Hera CC cream, there is either shade 1 or shade 2, with shade 1 being "pink beige"--for pink under
tones--and shade 2 being "natural beige"--for a more yellow undertone. 

Product claims from amazon.com:
  • Air Brush technology : Your skin keeps moisture but it looks soft and bright without greasy feeling.
  • Spot Eraser technology : It clings to your skin and covers freckles. But it still looks natural like your own skin.
  • New Layering technology : It contains 50% of moisturizing ingredients. Its innovative formula covers and smooths spotted skin tone.
  • Lifting up technology : Cell Cultivation Cocktail (Apple stem cell cultivation media, vitamin C, grape seed oil, honey, hyaluronic acid, vegetable protein) gives shiny and elastic look.
As you can see, the color is not too light and quite yellow. This picture turned out much more blue than in real life. The actual color of the CC cream is a darker, peachy color. 

Consistency: The consistency of this product is definitely not as thick as a normal full coverage foundation. However, it's also not nearly as thin and watery as a tinted moisturizer. Once on the face, it's very very lightweight--it really feels like you are not wearing any makeup at all. 

Color Match: Since it's summer right now, I've tanned probably 5 shades darker (I'm estimating from an NC25 to about an NC35 in MAC colors). I was really hesitant on buying this product in the first place because I thought it would way too light for me since most Asian products are. However, I was pleasantly surprised that it's only a little bit too light for my current color. I top it off with a lightweight powder foundation that is more of my current color and the CC cream matches perfectly :) 

Staying Power:  I have worn this product in very hot and humid conditions--sometimes even to work out! I think overall, the staying power of this CC cream is quite good. I rarely ever retouch my makeup and at the end of the day, the CC cream has only faded a little. 

Coverage and Texture on the Face: This is definitely not a full coverage product. With one thin layer, it evens out my skin tone quite well but there is still some redness. After a second layer, there is significantly less redness. My hyperpigmentation is not really covered but I don't mind that because it looks a lot more natural. One of my favorite aspects of this product is that it's extremely lightweight and it doesn't bother my skin at all. It's also not drying and doesn't emphasize my dry flakes!

Validity of Product Claims: 
-"Airbrush technology": This is definitely a moisturizing product :) It doesn't dry my skin out and feels very comfortable through out the day.
-"Spot eraser technology": For me, my freckles were not really covered but I think the coverage is very buildable and with more product, I think my hyperpigmentation can be concealed. However, I'm not sure if it will look very natural at that point. 
-"New Layering Technology": As I mentioned above, this CC cream is moisturizing and my freckles still show. 
-"Lifting up technology": The finish is mostly dewy more than shiny, which I absolutely love. The product gives a healthy glow, not a grease-ball face. I can't comment on the effectiveness of the supposedly anti-aging ingredients, but personally, I never really trust those claims in makeup. 

Photos: Here are some photos the Hera CC cream on my skin. Just a little warning, many close up pictures of my face will be posted.. including my bare face :/ 

My completely bare face: just moisturizer and lip balm. My main skin concerns are extremely dark undereye circles (but that's for concealer to take care of), redness, hyper pigmentation, and overall uneven skin tone. 
To apply the CC cream, I just dab some product on my most red and freckled areas and my forehead. I then blend it in with a flat top foundation brush (I like this more than using just my fingers!).
Here is the result of one layer of the CC cream (+ undereye concealer and eyebrows filled in^_^). As  you may be able to see, the CC cream and concealer do not really match. My concealer is a better match of my current skin tone and it's just a tad more orange/darker than the CC cream. Also, as I mentioned before, one layer does  not cover all of my redness. 
And here is the final result, after eyemakeup, a darker powder, and one more layer of CC cream. With an extra layer, more redness is covered and my skin tone is a bit more even. Like I said earlier, as long as I top my face off with a darker powder, the CC cream matches a lot better. 

Overall: I really like the Hera CC Cream. It's a very lightweight product which provides decent coverage and staying power. It helps even out my skintone while keeping things looking natural. I will highly consider buying the full sized product when I'm done with my sample packets!

There are definitely a wide selection of CC creams in the market right now. I might try different brands in the future! Have you tried CC creams yet?

Thank you for reading!

-Mei

Twitter: @MeiHearts
Instagram: @MeiHearts

31 comments:

  1. Definitely giving that CC a try and yes I wonder if dd is coming soon! :-)
    Great review.

    Much love, ♥
    Rochelle Rivera
    www.rochellerivera.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if there will be an 'EE' creme really :P
    Thanks for the review Mei! I think the actual full
    size looks weird (a pump in a tube? lol). And
    abit pricey yet it makes your skin quite natural
    and flawless c: and I think you don't need to put
    on alot as well since you pretty have a beautiful
    skin! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, there's a CC cream! I'm currently itching to try one after reading your post. Thanks for the review dear! :)
    Do you want us to follow each other? Let me know!

    xx, Mela
    www.wearismela.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow you via bloglovin and GFC!
    Xoxo
    brownandpale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love cc creams http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/2013/07/my-look-small-fashion-gathering-in-seoul.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. i havent tried CC creams but im really intrigue by it. esp the one by Chanel i heard its really nice but im sure its going to be a lot expensive ^^ thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely <3
    maybe you want to follow each other?Let me know:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow,sooo pretty...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't tried CC creams yet but I am obsessed with BB cream, maybe I need to check out CC too! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Sweet, i like HERA and i really
    like your wonderfull eyes:)

    now i'm your new follower:)
    follow me back if you want:)

    greetings from Poland,
    kobieca-testerka.blogspot.com

    -Moniq

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah, this definitely look good on you! I love how your face brightened up with the CC cream! >u< Thank for the review, Mei! Wonderful review, as always~

    ReplyDelete
  12. This CC Cream looks really good, I've been using tony moly's cc cream and I love it ^^ Thanks for the review.

    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow this CC cream looks effective! although i probably wouldn't try any CC's - i trust my BB cream too much to ever convert! :D

    Ira
    Randoms of Ira

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG. I cannot believe you even bother wearing makeup!! Your skin is so clear and flawless! You could absolutely get away just going out with some sunblock or the lightest powdering of some mineral foundation... man, I am so taken back when I see those who have great skin wear makeup! I have a ton of acne scars, blemishes, and spider veins that show... man.
    Thanks for the review on the cc cream! I'm about to jump on the bandwagon of cc creams myself and start off with the one in the compact by the face shop! I heard its coverage and staying power is great! Have you tried layering your foundation over the Hera cc cream? All companies claim that you can do that, but I haven't really seen anyone do it yet..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey hey,
    Great review! I love it! I want to try cc cream but I heard that it is leaned toward dryer skin (have more of a moisturizing effect). I have extremely oily skin so I am a bit scare to try and get a massive break out. Do you have any good bb cream you can recommend? Thanks :D
    -Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha wow I'm not even ready for CC, I'm still looking for the perfect BB cream...lol! thanks for reviewing, the product sounds great. and I agree with a previous comment...you don't even need makeup, your skin is fantastic! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never tried any product from Hera but the Brand looks really great. Wow your skin looks really perfect without makeup so nice for you sweetie you´re a lucky girl. I love it the CC Cream effect on your skin. The coverage is really nice too.

    I want invite you to Join to my Etude House Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never tried any CC creams yet, but have been able to get my hands on some U.S. bb creams... (Almay is my favorite while maybelline and garnier kinda didn't work for me)

    This one provides really nice coverage and I love how it is lightweight. I really cannot stand when my makeup feels like a thick layer of my skin! To be honest, I think you have really nice skin without makeup!! I'm jealous!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Let me first say that you look gorgeous with and without makeup! ;) The Hera CC cream does help to even out the redness whilst giving you a natural and flawless finish. I've still yet to try any CC creams but already have a list of which brands to go for! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely love my Hera UV Mist Cushion! This one looks like another great product by Hera :)
    Love your blog btw! Following you now, hope you decide to follow back!

    http://itsjessicachoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for the review! I really want to try this now ^^

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was never familiar with CC creams until now so thanks for the info! :) This seems like a product I'd be interested in trying. I've only tried one BB cream so far which was the Maybelline Dream- it was pretty good except I didn't see much difference from a regular tinted moisturizer. I'll have to keep the CC cream in mind.

    www.treelinedavenue.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Mei

    Great review! I have yet to try any CC creams so will definitely be looking into it now, I didn't know they could stand for different things!

    Please check out my blog and it would be great if we could follow each other!

    Rosie x http://itsalljustrosie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Are CC creams any different to BB creams?

    Want to follow each other on Bloglovin and GFC. Please let me know on my blog.

    http://featuringcrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. cool post!
    http://victoriapeace.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for following me, I followed you back ^.^

    HTTP://FEATURINGCRYSTAL.BLOGSPOT.COM.AU

    ReplyDelete
  28. love the post ! totally love the Korean fashion and makeup, especially because I live in Korea
    I’ve been blogging about beauty and food of Korea here, please drop by ^.^
    www.cunggie.com
    oh and my friends always ask me where to get stuff and now there’s finally a website !
    www.mootta.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Mei,

    Yep, DD creams are coming out very soon but I think they’re a little bit pricey. By the way, nice review!

    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete