I'm Still Alive! (+ BlogLovin' Tips)

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Hi Everyone,

I know it has been a really long time since my last blog post :/ Life just gets super busy sometimes >.< I can't believe it's almost July now!! Summer is just flyying by and that kind of worries me.. haha.

The biggest reason why I've been MIA is because I recently moved into a new apartment. Since my lease ended early, I've moved into my friend's apartment for about a month until I have to move once again. For anyone who has ever moved, you probably can feel my excruciating pain. Moving is seriously one of the worse experiences...and you find out exactly how much stuff you have, stuff that you probably don't need. However, I feel way too guilty about wasting things so I ended up not throwing away a lot of items that I don't actually need. Hopefully I will find some time to donate all this stuff sometime!

I'm a little sad to leave my apartment that I had resided in for 2 years. There were so many great memories there but the place was quite old so it did have a few annoyances. I'm super excited to move to my permanent apartment for next year because it will be much newer. But really, I just can't wait until I move into a permanent home one day so that I won't ever have to move again. Or one day I hope to be successful enough to hire professional movers because moving is seriously extremely stressful!

Other than moving, I've been mostly just working, attempting to study, and meeting with friends as often as I can. I love the slower pace of summer but I've been slacking like crazy. Starting from tomorrow, I'll try to get down to business more since I'm more settled now. I've been testing several products for awhile now so I hope to bust out all those reviews!
.....................
In other news, I'm pretty sure most of you have heard by now that Google Reader is shutting down in like...tomorrow, which is super sad and irritates me so >.< Of course I don't want to lose all my favorite blogs so luckily, I was able to import all my followed blogs on BlogLovin'! It's really simple to import all your blogs.. you literally click like one button!  Instructions can be found here.

So before google reader closes, and eventually GFC, don't forget to import all your blogs so that we can all keep in touch!
.....................
Since I like to include at least one picture in my posts, here are just a couple of random photos ^_ ^
One of my friends had a potluck the other day...and there was just an incredible amount of super delicious food there! I finally tried quinoa for the first time and loved it!

And... a random selfie. Surprisingly, I put on eye makeup way less often in the summer than during the school year. However, when I do feel like putting on makeup, I usually go for a very very simple look--just a dab of eyeshadow and eyeliner, and then highlighting the inner tear ducts of course ^_^.

I hope everyone had an awesome weekend and that you are all very relaxed~ Now it's time to catch up on all my blog reading!

-Mei

16 comments:

  1. I hate moving! Nice selfie :) xx

    www.itslilylocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with moving out! See it as a positive
    thing c: And you look with less makeup really!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog
    like it
    keep it up

    http://www.kibuasworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel sad every time I move to a new place too. I had to do that a lot during college for convenience sake.

    btw, I just followed you in bloglovin and GFC, care to follow back? I know GFC might be removed soon but I think google has a way of retaining our followers.

    A Hint of Sunlight

    ReplyDelete
  5. I´m not sure why but GFC is working to me!
    I don´t need import blogs from GFc because I´m following each blog in both GFC and Bloglovin´ the bad thing is the my followers don´t follow me in Bloglovin´ too.
    Thanks for the tip cute selfie!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look gorgeous! This might sound random but I really like your eyebrows! hehe :)
    http://pleasebemynightingale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have lovely skin... You don't need that makeup! :p

    And oh goodness, you think you haven't made a post in awhile? Try 1.5 years hahaha. :) Glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous photo! :D

    xoxo,
    rae
    http://raellarina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so pretty and I tend to just forgo makeup in the summer since it's so hot and I hate feeling gross with layers of stuff on my face. It makes me sad that GFC is going away, but I was also able to import my blogs into bloglovin/ Last time I heard, google wants to do something where the google+ profiles take over....


    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've nominated you to Versatile Blogger Award
    http://www.sakuranko.com/2013/07/versatile-blogger-award-ii-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute post!! Love the little selfie.

    heydahye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so beautiful *_*. I think I will be visiting your blog often :)
    I'm new here. Please, visit me and follow via GFC and bloglovin. If you follow me, I follow you back. I promise :)
    Xoxo
    brownandpale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog so much! <3 You are so beautiful! :))
    Follow?
    Visit my blog dyverst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that food looks amazing! (And you look so pretty in the selfie, hehe!) ^_^

    Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin? Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The workers at Lincoln Moving and Storage were so professional and so helpful. The staff anticipated and answered many of my questions, and was extremely helpful. Everything especially my paintings were handled with great care. Thank you. You made a sometimes stressful experience a very easy process. Contact them at Contact us today at http://lincolnmoving.com or (716) 874-1380. They simplify your moving and storage worries.

    ReplyDelete
  16. even tho you miss your old apartment congratulations on your new one :) btw i like this picture of you, your skin looks so flawless :)

    ReplyDelete