Cooking Mood

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Hi everyone!

Lately I've been in a cooking mood and have been cooking up a storm. I think mostly it's because I started going on Pinterest again.... and well, Pinterest has so many awesome recipes!! I saw a recipe for "Cheeseburger Eggrolls" and I just had to try it. It looked really easy and delicious!

All you need is ground meat of your choice (I used beef), shredded cheese, seasonings of your choice (I use pepper), and egg roll wrappers! Feel free to add any chop veggies to it as well.

Step 1: Cook the meat, veggies if you have them, and season the meat.
(I didn't have any good pictures of this so... let's go on to step 2)

Step 2: spoon the meat filling and shredded cheese onto the eggroll wrapper and wrap them up! If you don't know how to wrap an eggroll, there are lots of youtube videos out there!

Step  3: You can deep fry them but I decided to  bake them instead (trying to be healthy and all). I baked them at 350 degrees for about 25-30 minutes, until they're really golden brown.
And viola...... done!
So of course baked eggrolls won't be as delicious as fried eggrolls, but they are still really crunchy and satisfy the craving of eggrolls. I thought this was a

The original recipe is found here.
And here I took a bite.. need to add more cheese next time!

I've also finally been able to perfect roasted potatoes! For the longest time, they've come out not soft on the inside. One day I just decided to stop being lazy and boil my potatoes first before roasting. And my unlaziness paid off--finally, potatoes fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside!


Well aside from cooking, I've been doing the usual--school, studying, sleeping, etc etc. BUT spring break will be soon and I'm soooo excited! My roommate and I will be visiting our friend who goes to school in Chicago. Also, my 21st  birthday is coming up next week!! For those who aren't from the USA, 21 is when you can legally drink alcohol, go to bars, etc etc. I'm not a big alcohol drinker but I will still be going out to dinner with some of my friends and then experience the bar culture for the first time. I'm excited! 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mei,

    Wow, i make eggrolls all the time but, I've never heard of cheeseburger eggrolls! Sounds really interesting I'm going to give it a try sometimes, lol. You're going to have so much fun when you turn 21 :)

    P.S. - I added you on bloglovin dear, I hope you can return the favor ^^. Have a great weekend~

    Have a great weekend dear~

    www.Pursiko.com

    www.Pursiko.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mei~ I love food too.. and eating XD
    cheeseburger eggrolls sounds delish..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoaa! That looks deeeeeeeelish! <3
    So tempted to make some asap :D
    potatoes look amazing as well!
    oh happy earlier 21st ^.^

    ❁【s ᴜ s ɪ ᴇ v ɪ ʙ ᴇ s】❁

    p.s. Come join my big giveaway! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa that looks so yummy! I have a fatal obsession w/ egg rolls. Thanks for sharing!

    http://bunnikisses.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Follower (saw you on Soompi c: )~
    This looks so yummy! *A* I have a slight love for egg rolls, so thank you for sharing~
    Maybe I'll try this when I go grocery shopping for the ingredients. o3o

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sweetie all looks delicious!

    xoxo
    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete