Current Beauty Favorites--Makeup!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My makeup favorites don't change very often because I don't test out new products super often. If I find something that I like, I will usually use it up and then I will be intrigued to try out something new. Usually I always come back to my favorites though ^_^.

Here are my current favorites in makeup! I'll also post one about skincare. These are products I use everyday when I put on makeup!

Blush: Milani Baked Blush--Coralina.
I've had this blush since summer and as you can see, I have barely made a dent in it after using it almost every single day. I have tried to branch out to other blushes but I keep returning to this one! Coralina provides such a natural and beautiful color to my cheeks. There is gold shimmer in it but I don't mind because it gives a subtle highlight, helping shape my chubby cheeks.



Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation in Sand Beige
I absolutely love this foundation because it provides very long lasting coverage. A little goes a really long way and it helps even out my skin tone. The coverage is medium but I think it's definitely buildable to full coverage. However, if you use too much, this foundation might be a little bit cakey. My favorite way to use it is to just use a small dab, dot it on my face, and use a flat top foundation brush to blend it out. It feels really light and I almost forget I have foundation on. Sand beige is a littel bit dark for me but I don't mind because my neck is naturally darker than my face, so it actually helps even out my ... whole body color (?). I know, that sounds strange.



Eyeshadow: Stila-Kitten
This is my absolutely favorite eyeshadow color ever and I don't think it will ever change! I got this color in a palette on sale and luckily, it is a very large size! The color is perfect for everyday because it's a muted shimmery color, more on the pale yellow/gold side. The texture is also a dream to work with because it's smooth and blends with no effort. Kitten gives the PERFECT boost to your lids without looking like you are caked up in makeup/eyeshadow. I also use this almost everyday, except when I feel like wearing some extra eye makeup.



Eyeliner: Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eyes--Nude Eyes
I picked this set of eyeliner up at CVS when PF had a 50% off sale! Best decision ever (I had been contemplating for like half an hour on what colors to get) because these are the perfect everyday eye colors (black, pewter, and champagne). The formula is wonderful because it actually stays on my eyes all day with no or not noticeable smudging. Also, they are really smooth and doesn't tug your crease, which is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to eyeliner.


Eyebrows: E.L.F Eyebrow Kit in Medium
This eyebrow kit is only $3 and AMAZING! Even though it's a brown color, it actually gives a very natural enhancement to my brows. Brows are something that I MUST have when I leave the house... if I could only wear one makeup product, it would be some type of eyebrow product. The kit is super easy to use, lasts all day, and very flattering. Before this I had been using grey eyeshadow which also worked fine, but I just like the effect of this kit much better.



Highlighter: Physician's Formula Eyebrightener--Eyelight
This highlighter is wonderful for the inner tear ducts AND for the face. I got this for about $3 thanks to the CVS sale and it's definitely worth that. The color is kind of a pearly pink/white and it gives the most beautiful sheen when applied on the cheekbones. Love it!


Concealer: Hard Candy Glamoflouge
I have had this concealer for the longest time and since then, I have tried many other concealers. Of course, I just came right back to this one. Some downsides are that I can only use this in the winter when I'm lighter and there are only three shades available. However, it covers my undereye circles and blemishes very smoothly, if I apply it with a brush. If I apply it with my fingers then it can sometimes get cakey. The tiniest amount covers a LOT--the coverage is definitely full. Also, it's pretty affordable--around $7 for an insane amount.



Mascara: Covergirl's Lashblast
This is one of the most popular mascaras and I know why. It actually gives me lashes! My lashes are super straight and sparse. I love this mascara because it holds my curls ALL day, does not smudge, and gives tons of volume and length. My lashes are actually visible from more than a few inches away. The only downside is that it's really hard to take off but I think I've got it down. I've had this for so long that the writing is all worn out haha.


Bronzer: MUA Bronzer
MUA is a UK makeup brand and a long while ago they had a sale that was 20% off+ free international shipping (!!) on orders over  £10(~$15 USD). This bronzer was one of the things I  ordered and it was only £1 ($1.50) ! This is my everyday contouring bronzer and it's perfect for that because it's absolutely matte. The color is also not too dark so it looks much more natural!



Thanks for reading about my makeup favorites! If you would like any in dept reviews of anything here, just let me know ^_^.


6 comments:

  1. Soompier here! Saw your link on the forum :) I've been meaning to try the milani blushes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks for the sweet comment. How many milani blushes do you have? I used to use the older ones. Not the baked ones. I think I had one in the luminous shade but i left it in asia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting your favorites. I have the foundation from revlon Colorstay 24h for oily skin and is georgeus. many thanks for share your favrotes. Btw sweetie I´m following you i hope your follow me back.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey cute blog :). the stila eyeshadow looks nice, i love shimmery shadows ^^

    http://pursiko.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this makeup review :)

    _____________________________________________
    Check out my blog too: heylinni.blogspot.com
    Fashion, hauls, ulzzang, tutorials, reviews <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't use any of these. Blush seems nice. I'll look for it :)
    I have browsed through couple of your posts and I really liked what I saw so I followed you :)
    Come check out my blog and if you like it you can follow me too on GFC or FB but you totaly don't have to :)
    Anyways, I'll be coming here more often. You have an amazing blog :D
    Greatings from Sarajevo <3
    Lejla <3
    http://ladybug4sunflower.blogspot.com/

    Btw. there's a giveaway on my blog so feel free to enter :)
    http://ladybug4sunflower.blogspot.com/2013/02/giveaway-thboxescom.html

    ReplyDelete