Motivation- Lots of Blabbering

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

School is starting in a week and things are already starting to become busy.

Today I went to an orientation for my program. I'll be starting a Pharmacology & Toxicology (PharmTox) undergrad program which I'm very excited about. For those in college or going to college soon,  deciding on a major is very very challenging. What you think you're going to major in when you first start will probably change once you start actually taking those classes. For me, I thought I was going to be a biology major but after taking biology, I hated it soooo much. I was browsing on the school website and PharmTox really caught my eye. It's different from most other science majors though because you have to apply and be accepted. After reading and learning more about the major, I knew that's definitely what I wanted. I was extremely nervous that I wouldn't get in and I didn't really know what I would do if that happened.. But right before the first rounds of midterms I got an acceptance email and it was very very exciting. Now undergrad majors aren't THE most important thing but it sets you up when applying to graduate studies and professional schools.

At orientation, it was highly emphasized that we had many resources and since our major is really small (22 people in our class), it's much easier to focus on each person and their goals. In a giant giant university like mine, having this many resources and one on one interaction with faculty is really nice. Sometimes there are things that you think you know (such as writing a resume, doing an interview, etc) but when it comes time to experience it, you find yourself in total confusion. I'm just so glad and thankful to have people to turn to for situations like that.

Anyway, enough blabbering. I'm basically just motivated for school right now, knowing that there will be help if I need it. I know my motivation will die down very soon after school starts because that's just how it is but I still really hope that this year will be fun and very educational.

And because a blog post isn't complete without pictures... here are some very cute ones!

This is Mr.H's dog Timmy. He's just really adorable, even though he can be such a brat at times.

And.. Mr.H's cat! She was sitting in a really weird position and I thought it was really strange and silly. We just call her Kitty even though her real name is Sunshine. She's one of the cutest cats! But she's a diva and doesn't like to be cuddled (by me) :'(

That's enough rambling for now. After a long day, I should really head to bed. Good night :)

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more! I still am deciding what to major in after changing my course so many times. :( University life is tough and it's even more tough when you don't know where you want to go. I hope you'll enjoy your program/course this year! :) x

    ReplyDelete